Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Sunday August 21st

Hey everyone,

I thought I'd start posting about the songs we sing on Sunday. Being that St. Andrews uses both traditional and contemporary music, and the fact that I'm constantly looking for new songs, it seemed necessary to post the names of the tunes and the authors/arrangers so you could be listening at home or in the car!

Sunday August 21st
Holy God, We Praise Your Name
-Trinity Hymnal #103
-We used the same melody with a more simplified chord structure

Never Cease to Praise
-Written by Jeff Bourque. Jeff is a music director at a church in Brentwood, TN (close to the Nashville scene).

And Can It Be
-Not the traditional Trinity melody. This one is by Bob Kauflin - my favorite of all the versions of this tune. Has a great chorus.

Jesus, I Come (offertory)
-There's a new worship gal name Shelly Moore that has a band. It's called...wait for it...the Shelly Moore band. This is her version of the tune.

I Will Glory in My Redeemer
-The folks at Sovereign Grace ministries put out a bunch of great tunes. This is one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment