Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Audrey Assad

It's been a really long time since I could say I have favorite Christian artist. Up until now, I've dreamt of what I consider to be the "glory days" of Christian music: Steven Curtis Chapman, Michael W. Smith, the early Passion albums, the early Hillsong stuff. Pretty much anything between 1994 - 2001 if I'm being specific. Since then, I've found good tunes, but not an artist that I really believe in. I'll go as far as to say that I've come across alot of artists since then that have had great lyrics, but boring music - or vice verse. I suppose the silver lining in all of it is that it's moved me to start writing more.

Desiring to find some new music, I hopped on iTunes on New Years Eve to find an artist I liked. Immediately, I saw "New Release: Audrey Assad." I listened to a few tracks and was convinced. This girl not only has a great voice, she has great music and unbelievable lyrics. If any of you enjoy Kathryn Scott, Christy Nockels, Candi Pearson, even Sarah MacLachlan, this is the one. And to be honest, I think her lyrics beat out all the rest (she does co-write with some other folks).

">

No comments:

Post a Comment