Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Sunday September 11th & 18th

My apologies for not making a post last week. Here are the lineups from the past 2 Sundays:

Sunday September 11th (10-year anniversary of 9/11):

-INTROIT: Calmer of My Troubled Heart - this is a Charles Wesley/Clint Wells tune. Recorded by Matthew Smith. The men sang on this one with just the piano. Absolutely beautiful.

-A Mighty Fortress - We used the same traditional melody with simplified chordage

-My Hope is Built - same as above

-Be Thou My Vision - Same as above

-OFFERTORY: Abide With Me, Fast Falls the Eventide - my arrangement with the traditional melody. Choir and piano with an acappella 3rd verse.

-I Will Glory in My Redeemer - Sovereign Grace tune

Sunday September 18th:

(TJ started a sermon series on Genesis, so you'll notice that most of these tunes are geared toward creation and praise.)

-INTROIT: All Creatures of our God and King - the choir sang one verse with a small tag at the end. I arranged this as a 2-part short piece. There's really no way to get around the meter changes in this song, but we made it sound as 4/4 as possible. We sang it at about 60 - quarter note.

-Praise to the Lord, the Almighty - Travis Cottrell's version from the album "Alive Forever". Has an awesome chorus in between verses where we just sing "Praise the Lord!" Good stuff.

-Never Cease to Praise - written and recorded by Jeff Bourque (Grace Community Church, Brentwood, TN).

-Jesus, My Great High Priest - my re-write of the hymn. Isaac Watts original author.

-OFFERTORY: All Creatures of Our God and King - my piano arrangement in F#. Love that key.

-Salvation to the Lamb - Indelible Grace. Recorded by Emily DeLoach

No comments:

Post a Comment