Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Sunday September 25th

This past Sunday was our 2nd week into the Genesis series. This was the lineup:

"I Sing the Almighty Power of God" - Trinity Hymnal #119. I re-arranged the chord structure. We did verses 1, 2 & 4 in A Major and the 3rd verse in F# minor. Creates a nice transition.

"Salvation to the Lamb" - recorded by Indelible Grace. This week we added a harmony for the men in our choir to sing. We had a female lead on a mic in the choir.

"All Creatures of Our God and King" - Trinity Hymnal #115. This was an extension of the introit we did last week. I added an acappella verse and some different harmonies for the final 2 verses. The congregation seemed to really sing out on this one.

OFFERTORY: "Everything is Yours" - One of my favorite Audrey Assad tunes. My favorite artist this year. I wrote some choir parts based on the harmonies I heard on the recording. Our band did a great job learning their parts, as well as our lead soloist.

"We Are Listening" - Sojourn. Great tune about valuing God's Word. Has a nice folk/country feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment